Thursday, February 16, 2017

Review: My One and Only

Harper's sister calls her with a question, if Harper will be her maid of honor. Harper's horrified to learn that her sister is walking down the aisle for the third time to her ex-husband's brother - especially when her own personal life is a disaster.

Harper reluctant attends the wedding, hoping to talk her sister out of it, but it's no use. Neither is attempting to ignore her ex-husband. She can't help the way she reacts to him, even if she doesn't like it.

When her flight gets delayed, she has no choice but to drive cross country with Nick. The more time she spends with him, the more time she remembers their relationship. She remembers why they were so good together and also why they failed. But they've both changed. Could it be time for second chances?
My Thoughts: I adore Kristan Higgins' books. I've been trying to savor her backlist books because there are days when you just need one of her books. This one was fabulous. I loved Nick and Harper's banter. I loved learning more about their relationship. I loved Harper and Willa and their relationship - how it evolved. I loved her next door neighbor and Coco the puppy was adorable - they added a little humor to the story. I like that Harper was a divorce attorney and a little jaded after her own failed marriage. I liked the small town charm on the island, it made me want to visit the Vineyard. Another winner of a novel. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Kristan Higgins's books should be in all public libraries  - they're just that good. 

No comments: