Friday, March 11, 2016

About Me: Traveling

One of my resolutions this year (and to be honest almost every year) is to talk more about myself on the blog. Me in a nutshell: I'm a Librarian. I'm a blogger. I'm a reader. Here's a little bit about me outside the bookish world.

Of course I travel anywhere in the world through books, but they also inspire places I wish to travel.

I'm lucky enough to have traveled to a few places: England, Wales, Paris, Rome, Florence, and Venice. But there are places I'd like to return to, places I didn't explore properly, and places I'd like to see with my husband.

I spent four months studying abroad in Bath and it was one of the happiest times of my life.  I followed the footsteps of Jane Austen. I would love to travel back to Bath with my husband. But I also want to see London, I've never really been there. Of course there are several places I'd like to visit. Chatsworth being one of them. When I was there, foot and mouth disease was everywhere, and some places where closed. When the powerball was huge, I bought a ticket ad said if we won, we were going to go on a Pride and Prejudice tour
Bath, England:
Bath - this was almost my view

During this time, I traveled again to Wales to visit my sister who was doing her Masters work there. I've been there twice and would love to go back and visit friends.

Luckily our Spring Break fell in the same weeks and we went off to Paris and Nice. BUT this is one of those places I'd like to return to with my husband. Mostly for the romance of the city. But also because some of the major places were closed for strikes. I have a list of places I want to see, but also I just want to get lost of the streets of Paris and eat some great food.

Daybreak on the Seine:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/183099541073186428/
We went to Italy on a tour, but I wish we had more time in Florence and Rome - so much more there to see, but we say so many great pieces of art. Although the food we had - was terrible. I suspect that's more because we didn't have time to search for it and because the tour took us to certain places.

Italy:

Other places I want to travel:
Grand Canyon
Hug one of those Giant Trees
Machu Picch
Scotland
Alps
Austria (Sound of Music tour anyone?)
New Zealand - hobbiton

I'm sure there are other places, but off the top of my head, that's it.

Where would you travel if you could go anywhere?

No comments: