Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Villains/Criminals/Other Nasties

This week's topic is a REWIND - which is great because it allows me to explore topics previously to my joining in on the fun. So I'm choosing to talk about the not so nice characters - because as a reader, I long to hate the bad guys/girls and always root for them to fail.


From Harry Potter:
Obviously Voldemort makes the first but finishing a close second is Dolores Umbridge

From Bloodlines
Sydney Sage's father 

From Throne of Glass:
King of Adarlan and Arobynn Hamel

From Anne of Green Gables
Josie Pye and Jen Pringle 

From Sense and Sensibility
Lucy Steele 

From Poison Study
Reyad

From the Game of Thrones
Cersei Lannister

9 comments:

michellesminions said...

Oooh! Good topic choice! I may have to store this idea for a later date for myself! I love to hate the bad guys! Awesome list!

Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

My TTT

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the bad guys! Great list!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/top-ten-tuesdays-5/

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

Cercei Lannister is a lot more layered a character than most people allow. I see many mentions of her as a bitch, and various other terms, but not many people seem to pay attention to how well written her motivations and development were. She is definitely a villain, but a great character too!
Great list! :)

@TarkabarkaHolgy from
Multicolored Diary

Unknown said...

Great list! I love love love that you included "villains" from Anne of Green Gables! One of my all-time faves, I just started rereading it today. I made my list on "Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2015." Here's my TTT. Happy reading!

Jennifer Rummel said...

@TarkabarkaHolgy - I agree. Cersei is an amazing character - brilliant, smart, and terrible all at once. It would be much less of a series without her strength of character.

La Coccinelle said...

I hated Umbridge so much!

Michelle said...

I think I disliked Umbridge more that Voldemort. She was just so freaking loathsome. Cool list! I love the bad guys (I am a Slytherin after all)

Layla @ The Midnight Garden said...

Oh, this is a great idea for a topic. I particularly like your inclusion of Josie Pye - I haaaated her when I read Anne.

Captivated Reader said...

Nice topic!! One of my favorite villians is Cathy from East of Eden!

Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-sexy-male-characters-in.html