Friday, May 1, 2015

A to Z Survey


Created this one night for fun - feel free to answer to questions too.

Average number of books you read in a year? 330

Best sequel you've read recently?
We Can Work It Out by Elizabeth EulbergThis Old Homicide by Kate Carlisle

Challenges - do you participate in them? I do, but I usually forget about them and just see how I've done at the end of the year.

Do you eat and read at the same time? Yes - I confess I sometimes spill too.

Ever stay up all night reading for fun? Sadly no, I've stayed up late, but never all night.

Favorite childhood/teen book? SO many but I'll stop at three
Just as Long as We're TogetherWinter Dreams, Christmas LoveBaby-Sitters' Summer Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #2)

Genre you read the most of? Contemporary (Both in adult and YA books)

Happy, sad, or realistic ending? Happy - I read to be entertained.

Interested in nonfiction too? Yes - but it has to capture my interest

Just one genre - or do you hop around? I hop around genres and ages

Keep track of your reading stats? Yes - through Goodreads

Last book you read and Loved?
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

Made you cry?
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith

Number of books you read at one time? Usually 3 (one upstairs, one downstairs, and one at work)

Out of order in series books or sequential? Always Sequential! 

Place you read the most? The couch

Quiet necessary when reading or can you read with noise? Depends on the book, but usually i can tune out the noise

Reviews - positive, negative, or in between? Usually positive - It's rare that I finish a book I don't like.

Start with the ending to see if you like it or read the book front to back? NEVER start with the ending - that ruins everything.

Take your time reading that book you've been waiting to read or rush through it find out what happens? A little bit of both

Underdog - do you root for these characters? YES!

Vocal about books you love? I try to talk up the books I love both in person and on social media.

Winning books - do you enter contests on bloggers' sites? Sometimes if I can't wait to read the book.

Xtra excited about meeting a favorite author or totally calm? Fangirl city here.

Yacking about book - who do you yack with the most about books? Library friends

Zappy read (where after you close the book, you smile with happiness and maybe dance around a bit.  Two recent books I loved:
Sophomore Year Is Greek to Me by Meredith ZeitlinJesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally

No comments: