Thursday, May 21, 2015

I Read YA: The Book that Changed My Life

What is the book that got you into YA?



I talk a bit here about my love for Princess Mia and the Princess Diaries series on the YALSA Hub Blog but what I didn't say was that reading these books changed my life. I was in graduate school at the time to become a Librarian. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do or what road I would travel on.

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Then I devoured this book and it hit me. This series was so fun, so addictive, so funny that I wanted to become a YA Librarian so I could share this book and other amazing books with teen readers.
I've consumed and talked about so many books since, but the Princess Diaries series will always hold a very special place in my heart for the way they changed me.

I"m super excited about the new book, Royal Wedding, so I'm re-reading the entire series again.
 It's just a great the first time around.
Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11)

No comments: