Saturday, May 2, 2015

Mysterious Saturday Review: NYPD Red 3

* Book 3 in the NYPD Red series *
Detective Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald learn of a gruesome murder by decapitation. They believe the murder is sending a message to billionaire businessman Hunter Alden, Jr. - who's son may or may not be missing.

While attempting to help, they're told to leave the situation alone. Solving the murder means figuring out what happened that night .Was Tripp kidnapped? Was the witness right or was she a busybody who got the information wrong?

Can the two partners put aside their personal drama and solve the case?
My Thoughts: I devoured the first and the second book in this series - and while I liked this book, it was a little too similar to another James Patterson book (which I won't mention for fear of spoilers). 

Also while I do like the personal relationships, I think they've been played out enough in the series. I would like to move away from the Jordan/MacDonald possibility. 

So, what I liked: the action, the danger, and most importantly the plot twists. Just when I thought I'd figured out the puzzle, something else happened that left me with more questions. I love the fast pace of these books, perfect for vacation. 

Cover Thoughts: Interesting
Source: My Library

No comments: