Friday, June 12, 2020

Review: Big Summer

Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner
Daphne hasn't heard from her former best friend in years, but Drue is desperately trying to get in touch with her. Daphne's not interested, not after the fight they had all those years ago. It was her most humiliating moment and the moment that changed her life. But that doesn't mean she wants to be friends again.

Drue has a way of getting to people and when she finally comes face to face with Daphne, she does the one thing that Daphne can't believe - she apologizes. And asks her to be in her wedding party.

Daphne's not ready to forget and forgive, but she never could say no to Drue. Daphne's grown up since she last hung out with Drue; she's become stronger and more confident. Sure, she still feels insecure now and then, but she's not about to let Drue devastate her again.  Except...things happen in a way she could never imagine.
My Thoughts: I confess I haven't read a Jennifer Weiner book in years and I'm not sure why. I love her books. And I really enjoyed this one too. I loved the peek into an influencer's life. I loved how Daphne attempted to be both her best self and her true self on Instagram. I love how she found clothes that worked for her and not the skinny model type girls (And with pockets!). I want clothes just like that. I loved the family moments, the talk about friendships, and being brave. My heart broke for several characters in this book. I enjoyed the moments I didn't see coming and how everything turned out.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Jennifer Weiner's book are a must have for your library's collection. 

No comments: