Saturday, June 27, 2020

Puzzling

I've always been a fan of puzzles. But over the past decade of so, I've done them sporadically. But the last year, I've started doing them regularly. And then the pandemic hit and they've become a weekly project.

I'm a little particular about my puzzles (shocking, I know). I pretty much stick to 1000 pieces. Anything over doesn't fit my table and anything under just seems...not challenging enough.

This puzzle is one of my favorites (not because of the subject matter - which I actually am not fond of) but because it reminds me of my childhood. This is a puzzle that my grandfather used to do. I would come for a visit (we lived 20 minutes away) and he would be doing a puzzle. And I would "help".  I remember my grandparents had a yard sale on day and they were selling many of the puzzles. I rescued this one. I'm not sure what happened to that puzzle. But I stumbled across this one day and knew I had to purchase it. 




We did other puzzles by Charles Wysocki. To be honest, he was one of my favorite puzzle artists for a long time. I thought I had completed quite a few of his puzzles, but looking at this list made me realize just how many puzzles he created. 



This one is a favorite from my childhood. It's funny because I probably wouldn't pick this one up today, but I love it. Also I put it together the exact same way...
Now I'm very partial to White Mountain Puzzles. 


Here are some puzzles I've completed this year (not all of them)



Books and Books and Books

This one has hidden objects in the puzzle that are not on the box.



This one made me crave sweets!

I do love Christmas puzzles!

I really loved the picture, but tricky putting this one together.


Are you a puzzler?

How do you pick your puzzles?


1 comment:

Danielle H. said...

I did a Maurader's Map and a desert scene this year (both 1K). I also bought library/book store ones--I have one of the ones you showed. Now that summer is here and I have yard work galore, puzzles will stay boxed until late fall probably. Now is all books during my free time.