Friday, January 25, 2019

Romance Review: The Proposal

37584991
Nik would rather be anywhere but at a baseball game with her boyfriend of five months. She's stunned when he forces her to look at the screen - asking her to marry him. He's never said he loves her. He spells her name wrong. They've never talked about marriage. It's no wonder that she's horrified. She tries to gently turn him down, but he's having none of that. He storms out leaving her there.

Carlos sees what's happening to this poor girl and then moments later spots a camera crew making their ways towards her. He and his sister leap up to help Nik. After rescuing her, they drop her off at a bar with her friends. They end up having a drink together. They meet up a few times as friends and wind up becoming something just a little bit more...
My Thoughts: Another great romance from Jasmine Guillory. Once again, I loved how this couple met. I love that they talk over food - there's so much food in this book. I loved Nik's group of friends and how they joined that class at the gym. It sounds like such a fun class - I'd even like to take it. I loved the secondary romance plot. I loved the cupcake shop. I loved the easy banter between Carlos and Nik. And I Really Loved the moments with the ex-boyfriend and how that turned out. I enjoyed the connections with The Wedding Date and seeing favorite characters pop in for a quick visit. A fantastic feminist romance

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have for public libraries.

No comments: