Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A look back at 2018



Personal:
I hiked in Bryce National Park and Zion Park where I completed the Observation Point trail
I kayaked to Glen Canyon
I saw Horseshoe Bend 
We celebrated 15 years of marriages
Saw lots of great movies in the theater - including Black Panther, Avengers, Love Simon, Mary Poppins Returns, Tomb Raider, and MI6
Started having monthly get together with good friends
I submitted a manuscript to Swoon Reads
I served on my local RWA board
I submitted a program proposal to RWA National for next year's conference 
I started talking about politics - on the blog, calling my state reps, and sending out emails.

Professional:
I'm the co-chair of our state's librarian annual conference committee 
I spoke on New Adult Books on a panel at our CLA Librarian Conference
I put together lots of great programs for the library
I helped beef up our social media accounts 

Blogging:
The Blog turned 10!
Chatted with lots of great authors - either online or at author events
Lots of great ARCs in the mail to read

All in all, despite the political nightmare, it's been a decent year. 
Here's hoping 2019 is a better year for all!

No comments: