Thursday, September 21, 2017

Review: Day of the Duchess

* Book 3 in the Scandal and Scoundrel series *
Seraphina returns to London to obtain a divorce. She's spent the last three years in Boston without her husband. Now she's opening a tavern in London and needs to be free in order to properly own it. She's determined to become a free woman; she's liked answering to no one.

For the last three years the Duke of Haven has chased down every lead of his wife's whereabouts. But he has yet to find her. Until she walks into his life and demands a divorce. Luckily, he has the summer to woo her, under the pretense of needing her help to find him another wife.

They can't talk about their past without yelling at each other, but is it possible for them to move forward?
My Thoughts: I loved this book. I loved Seraphina and her strength. I'm sorry for all the heart ache she endured. I loved her independent streak and how she wasn't taking no for an answer. I loved her times with her sisters, they added humor to the story. I loved her cameo in book one and how this book changed my opinion of that scene (and of the Hero). This one is an emotional reader given the character's backstory. I'm happy how it all turned out, but it was heart wrenching to read. I can't wait for the next book and to read more about the American! Sarah MacLean writes another amazing story that I didn't want to put down. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it! She's obviously in charge.
Source: BEA 17 book
Library Recommendation: A must have for public library romance sections

Where I Read this Book: I saved this book to read while hiking in the Grand Canyon. And it was the perfect book to bring.

No comments: