Saturday, January 21, 2017

Review: Sleeping Beauty Killers

 * Book 4 in the Under Suspicion series * 
Casey Carter's spent years in jail for a crime she claims she didn't commit. Upon gaining her freedom, she tracks down Laurie Moran and asks her to take on her cold case for her television show.

Laurie isn't sure it's the greatest idea, but she feels for the girl who was sleeping while her fiance was murdered. Everyone treats Casey as though she's guilty - even her own parents believe she killed her fiance in a fit of rage. But Casey's not stopping until she uncovers the truth.

Will all the  questions about the past force someone to break?
My  Thoughts: I adore this series. I love the television aspect and seeing the back ground research for the show. I love how everything comes together. I was a bit worried about Laurie's new partner, but I think he might work out just fine. I like how Casey stuck to her innocence throughout the book, never wavering. I felt terrible for her that no one believed her, including her parents. I uncovered the truth before the heroine did, but it did not make the book any less enjoyable. I devoured this book in one sitting. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Cover Thoughts: Love it - it's striking
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: This series is a must have for Public Libraries.

No comments: