Monday, October 26, 2015

Review: Cold Burn of Magic

 * First in a new series *
Lila lives in a tourist trap - the most magical place in America. It's a place where monsters and founding families rule the town. She tries to keep her head down, especially after her mother was murdered protecting one of the families.

Then, one day, Lila steps up to protect a boy and her life changes. She's blackmailed into a new job - a job she's trained for her entire life and the job that left her mother dead. Lila isn't thrilled about the new job, but she's not about to let Devon die on her watch.
My Thoughts: I really loved Mythos Academy, so I was excited to hear about a new series coming from this author. I had high expectations and this book didn't disappoint. 

I loved this book. I loved the magic - both the monsters and the heightened abilities. Lila's skills were useful and entertaining. I enjoyed the pixie in her room who wasn't interested in her. HIs insults added humor to the book. I liked finding about more about the death of Lila's mom and how it changed her life. I loved that Lila found comfort in the library - among the books. I liked the relationship between Devon and Lila. She felt torn between her anger and her need to protect him too. So looking forward to the next book in this series!

Cover Thoughts: Fantastic
Source: my Library
Final Thoughts: If you're looking for a wonderful read with fantastic and romantic elements - look no further. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are so many mysteries that this synopsis and review alone raise! I'm curious about all these different elements and how they play together. I feel like I only even have the slightest hint of the concept right now...I can tell the magic runs deep in this one.