Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tween Tuesday Review: Best Friend Next Door

Hannah can't believe her rotten luck. Her BFF moves away and another girl moved in to take her place. Plus her father and stepmother are having a baby. They won't need her any more. She's not please about being replaced as a friend nor a child.

At first Hannah and Emme do not get along. But after a lost animal smooths the way between the, they become the best of friends. They had so many interests in common, but several other interests. Can their friendship stand when they're common interests change?
My Thoughts: I Loved this novel about finding new friends. I loved their palindrome moments. I loved the girls' first interactions with each other and how they became friends. I liked watching Hannah navigate the waters of new friendship. She's keeping secrets from her friend, as if telling her secret will make it not true. I liked watching Emme navigating in a new friends. I liked reading both girls perspectives

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: A fantastic book on navigating friendships, amidst changing interests, secrets, and starting over in a new town.

No comments: