Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tween Tuesday Review: Vespers Rising


In the beginning of the Cahill family, there was one ring. It was very valuable. No one except for Gideon knew the power of the ring. The secret died with him, but throughout generations, the Cahill family's been extraordinarily protective of the ring.

In the beginning, there were the Cahills and Damien Vesper. At first Gideon Cahill and Damien were colleagues, almost friends. Then Gideon noticed Damien's desire for power. He began to pull away and their relationship changed.

Soon Damien became the Cahill's most powerful enemy. They've spent generations hiding from his descendants and the organization of hired goons.

Now, in present day, Amy and Dan must save the ring from the clutches of the Vespers once more.

My Thoughts: The book is divided into four parts - three ancestors of the Cahill family and then Amy and Dan. Each part is written by a different author. Each contains their own story. I wonder if this is going to be the trend of the new series, as I really like reading about the past Cahills. Plus many ended abruptly, but they still contain the secrets, action, danger, and double crossings of the previous books.

Cover Thoughts: I don't really understand the cover, but it's neat.

Source: My Library

Up Next: Medusa Plot - out in August -really loving this cover!

3 comments:

JessiM said...

I haven't had a chance to read any of this series yet...because they're almost always checked out at my public library! Thanks for sharing!

Jessi @ Reading in the Corner

Karen said...

I need to read these! Gah! I feel so behind... however I graduate soon and then there will be time to read!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I feel behind too-I haven't read them either. My husband did and he enjoyed them. They are always checked out from my library too!