Monday, May 16, 2011

Review: Harry Potter Film Wizardry

This book contains secrets for filming the movies including wardrobe choices, scenery, models used, filming techniques, and a look at characters.

My Thoughts: I really loved the in-depth look into the Potter world. It made me want to go back and have a movie marathon. I didn't like the fact that there was nothing about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. I can see not having in the book for spoiler reasons, but then I wish they had waited to release the book when the last movie appeared because it feels so unfinished without it.

The book set-up feels similar to that the DK style - with lots of pictures and a page or two of information on each subjects. I loved all the photographs, sketches, and drawing made by the crew. It's a fascinating read - just perfect for fans of the Harry Potter movies.

Cover: Interesting - but not great

Source: Inter Library Loan

No comments: