Friday, May 6, 2011

Ten Things: Comics


In honor of Free Comic Book Day (The 1st Saturday in May each year), I made a fun display of items in our collection. I just purchased a bunch of manga and graphic novels for the collection - tie-ins to movies, new series, filling gaps in our series, and adding on to popular series.




Here are some of my favorites. I admit, I don't usually read this type of book. Thus most of the ones I read are either extraordinarily girly or adaptations of books. I confess sometimes it's hard for me to follow manga, as I get confused with the characters. A lot of times the characters look so similar they blend together and I have no idea which character is talking. I suppose I simply to read more of this genre.

Pride and Prejudice: I find this interesting and I have the Sense and Sensibility version to read next.

Breaking Up: I LOVE Aimee Friedman. I love this book for the story and the art!
Dark Hunter: I haven't read the books, but I found myself loving this story.
Harlequin Ginger Blossom Manga: I love these romances.

Garfield: I Love Garfield. He cracks me up

Marmaduke: I have a special love for Marmaduke - from my Grandfather:


Sorcerers and Secretaries: Love the daydreaming and the secret world of her imagination


Emma: An unlikely tale of love between classes in the Victorian Era. I'm a sucker for Victorian books.


and Two that I'm waiting for:
Vampire Academy - LOVED this series


and of course the Song of Ice and Fire adaptation.

What comics/graphic novels do you enjoy?

No comments: