Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Matinee: Secretariat

I just watched this movie last night and I really loved it! It was uplifting and amazing.

Penny Chenery Tweedy takes control of the horse farm from her father. She has one shot at turning the farm around. It all comes down to a coin toss, which she loses - but wins big anyways. Penny Chenery Tweedy knows about horses and she's picked a winner. Big Red turns about to be the horse of a lifetime - and he proves himself and her abilities to the world.

I loved:
Diane Lane: She did an excellent job as a tough woman who lead two different lives - one has a homemaker and one as a business woman and horse owner. I loved her in the press conferences - so poised yet witty.

John Malkovich - was funny, charming, and ridiculously dressed.

Even though I knew the outcome of the story - my heart still sped up during the races. I was so caught up in the story that I was afraid history would be changed. Silly - but true.

I also loved the moments between
Penny Chenery Tweedy and her children. They were sweet!

I also loved that the real
Penny Chenery Tweedy made a cameo in the movie!

Plus I love sports stories featuring an under dog.

1 comment:

Lisa Miles said...

Thanks for the review. I had no interest in it (even though I love Diane Lane), but maybe I'll check it out.