Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: Evil Eclairs

Right before her early bedtime (getting up at 1 AM is rough), Suzanne hears her beloved donut shop trashed over radio waves by jockey Lester Moorefield. Furious when he calls her donuts poison, she drives over to the station to give him a piece of her mind.

They argue - loudly.

Suzanne goes home and finally falls asleep. The next morning, just as Suzanne is about to open her shop, the police appear on her doorstep.

Lester Moorefield was murdered overnight - strangled with an eclair stuffed in his mouth. While the police chef knows Suzanne didn't commit the crime, her livelihood is suffering from all the gossip.

Once again, Suzanne starts looking into the murder to save herself and her store.

My Thoughts: I love Suzanne. I love learning more about donuts. I love crazing donuts each time I read the newest book of the series. I love the small town life - including the gossip and the barely kept secrets. I love the friendship between Suzanne and Grace. This mystery wrapped up a little too quickly, I wish the climax had been a little bit longer. I loved the interactions between Suzanne and her boyfriend. I loved the snippets between Suzanne's mother and the police chief. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Cover Thoughts: I really love the covers and the titles of these books. I love how the creme oozes out of the eclair and forms a skull!

Source: My Library

Up Next: Tasty Toppings out August 30th: When friend and fellow shopkeeper Emily Hargraves disappears, Suzanne sets out to find her!


Stay tuned for Book 6:
KILLER CRULLERS out December 2011

No comments: