Thursday, July 6, 2023

Review: Girl Forgotten

 


Piper is new to town when she stumbles across a gravestone. Layla died twenty years ago, when she was Piper's age. A quick internet search reveals that she was murdered and that the case is unsolved. When Piper learns that her school requires a senior project, she decides to create a podcast based on the murder.

She learns the ins and outs of podcasting from a new friend. But not everyone is happy as she digs up old information and new rumors. She opens up new wounds and someone wants her to stop. Piper receives threatening letters, but she's too curious to stop digging. 
My Thoughts: A great thriller. I did not want to put this book down. I did figure out the murdered, but it took me a while. I really enjoyed the podcasting pieces - from learning about podcasting to reading the transcripts. I loved the friendship develop between Piper and Jonas. I've read several of April Henry books and I've loved them all. 

Cover Thoughts: I like it
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A must have book for your library

If you're a podcast fan, check out this list of podcasting books 

No comments: