Monday, July 17, 2023

Review: Dos and Donuts of Love

 

Shireen is super excited to be joining the first Junior Irish Baking Show, but it's wrecking her personal life. She broke up with her girlfriend. Her best friend is away visiting family for the summer. Her parents' donut shop is struggling. Shireen could really use a win.

But the competition is intense. She isn't sure who to trust among the competitors. She's torn between her new friend and her ex-girlfriend. Not to mention, her favorite chef is a judge. Shireen really hopes to create an impression. Could she win the whole competition?
My Thoughts: I loved this book. It's half romance, half baking competition, and all together perfection. This book made me want to bake and visit a bakery. I loved the moments of the competition. I felt terrible for Shireen and Chris while they dealt with the racist online comments and comments from the other competitors.  But I love how they rose above it. I didn't want this book to end. 

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your library's collection! 

No comments: