Friday, May 19, 2023

Review: Bake, Borrow, and Steal

 


* Book 14 in the Bakeshop Mystery series *
Torte Bakeshop has been selected as the bakery for the biggest Shakespeare happening - an exhibit of the unveiling of a long lost manuscript. It's the first time the pages will be on American soil. Jules and her team have been working around the clock to create a massive chocolate centerpiece and an authentic meal fit for the Bard himself.

On the day of the gala, a rumor races through the event. The manuscript has been stolen before anyone's been allowed to see it. The public is kept at bay, but that doesn't stop someone from murdering the security guard...
My Thoughts: Another page turner in the series - I read this one on the plane. It's nice to go back and spend time with favorite characters. It would be lovely to visit Torte! My mouth waters at the baked good available in the store. Although, I'm not a huge Shakespeare fan, I did enjoy the different ideas surrounding the author's identity in this book. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Hopefully, you already have this cozy series in your library....

No comments: