Monday, April 13, 2020

Review: Of Curses and Kisses

Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)* First Book in a New Series *

When Princess Jaya Rao discovers that her sworn enemy will be attending the same boarding school, she plans the ultimate revenge. She's going to make Grey Emerson fall in love with her and then smash his heart into a million pieces.

No one messes with her family - especially her youngest sister. She'll do anything to keep Isha safe. Yes, she believes in tradition and family honor. Those beliefs rules her world; she's not giving up until Grey's broken.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this story. I love that it's a Beauty and the Beast retelling. I loved how Grey and Jaya first met. I really enjoyed the school setting - and how it was in the middle of nowhere. I loved the balls and the parties - even though they didn't always end well. I loved the moments between Grey and Jaya - how they understood each other, how they started to share little moments, and how they started to let their walls down. I felt terrible for Grey - for the way his father treated him, for the way he never let anyone get close, and for the belief about the curse. I loved Isha and how she wasn't interested in cultural traditions; she just wanted to live her own life. I loved how she took control. I liked reading about the other students. Can't wait to return to the school and read the next installment.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your romance section!

1 comment:

Christine @ Captivated Reading said...

Aww, this one sounds really great! With a lovable hero! Thanks for sharing!
Christine @ Captivated Reading