Monday, April 20, 2020

Review: Every Reason We Shouldn't

Every Reason We Shouldn't (Every Reason We Shouldn't, #1)
At 16, Olivia is washed up figure skater. She and her partner took the junior level by storm, but couldn't make it at the senior level. After a humiliating showing, they hung up their skates. Egg went off to college and Olivia became a normal teenager.

But she's never been normal. When a young speed skater with Olympic dreams starts training at her parents' gym, Olivia begins to think she might want to start skating again. But does she have what it takes?
My Thoughts: I was so happy to see this is the start of a series because I didn't want this book to end! I loved Olivia, Jonah, and their school friends. I loved Mac. I enjoyed the sporty moments - and the talent and drive of both Olivia and Jonah. I love how Mac pushed Olivia out of her comfort zone. I wasn't a huge fan of any parents in the book, but I loved how the friends pulled together to form a family. I enjoyed how Olivia and Jonah's school friends didn't understand their dedication to skating or how they viewed high school life. Of course I enjoyed the romance. I can't wait to read more about these two amazing athletes. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A great sports book for your school and public library collections.

If You Like:

No comments: