Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Cover Redesigns

This week's topic is cover redesigns. As a reader, I'm not a huge fan of cover redesigns halfway through the series. As a librarian, I know that great sounding books will not fly off the shelf if they have a terrible cover. Sometimes it's necessary to wait for the paperback cover (assuming the book comes out in paperback of course). I'm also generally not a fan of book covers reflecting the movie poster. Unless of course that book cover was dull - really dull. 


Here's one I love as both a reader AND a librarian. These covers are so much better than the original. First, they're eye catching. Second, they're intriguing and ask questions about the book. 
Why are they hiding tools and handcuffs behind their backs?
Why are they dressed in wedding dresses?
Who is the fourth girl?
Are they burying secrets or bodies?

Here's another one I like both as a librarian AND a reader:


I like the airport theme
Again, this one make me curious about the story



I think it's interesting that both of the first covers were flower based. While I like flowers, they don't really talk about the story in a way that these covers do.

4 comments:

dinipandareads said...

I've never heard or read any of these ones but I do like the covers! I'm a sucker for a cover with lots of bright colors. I'm really curious about the first two books you mentioned (I love the little details on the covers too lol)! I'm going to check these out on GR :)

My TTT post

Lydia said...

I liked the covers for all three of these books. It's nice when they make the reader ask questions about what's going on in them.

My TTT.

Jessica at Booked J said...

Oh my gosh, I've never seen these covers or books?? For Little White Lies and what not. BUT OH MY GOODNESS THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND INTRIGUING AND A LITTLE CAMPY? And I need?

Krystianna said...

I've not even seen any of these covers before but I definitely love the first two. I'll have to check out that book!
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian