Monday, May 6, 2019

Review: Sunday Sundaes


Sunday Sundaes (Sprinkle Sundays #1)
* First in a series *
When Allie gets back from camp, she notices things are different at home. Over dinner, her parents tell her that they are getting a divorce and that she's moving to a new school. Allie isn't happy with this news - although she will be happy that her parents aren't fighting all the time.

Allie's moving with her mother and her brother to the nearby beach town - where her mom plans to open up an ice cream store. It helps having somewhere to hang out, especially when Allie has trouble making friends at her new school.

Luckily, her old friends are close by. They come up with the perfect solution - to take a Sunday shift together at the ice cream store so they will see each other at least once a week. But can you still be BFFs with someone you only see once a week?
My Thoughts: I really liked this book; I've been wanting to read it for ages. And I'm glad I did. Although it did make me crave ice cream! I liked how Allie's parents became more relaxed and more friendly with each other. I liked Allie trying to find new friends and dealing with the mean girls. I loved how the girls got together at the ice cream shop. I loved how they tried to help people chose flavors. I loved the ideas for the shop, especially the marketing ones. Of course I loved the moments with Allie in the library and her conversations with the librarian. I loved how the book fair turned out. Looking forward to reading more about these friends.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A great middle grade read about bullies, friendship, and family drama. Perfect for school and public libraries. 

No comments: