Thursday, May 23, 2019

Review: The Lovely and the Lost


The Lovely and the Lost

Kira's childhood nightmares come back full force when she and her new family are asked to help look for a child in the woods. Kira was once found by the search and rescue dogs. She knows what it's like to be out in the forest alone - doing whatever it takes to survive.

Now, Kira wants to find the child. She's do whatever it takes. When her mother side lines her, she becomes irritated.  She starts digging into the past, searching for something that will help. But what she uncovers will change everything.
My Thoughts: I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes' books. I couldn't put this one down. I loved the combination of the mystery of the missing girl combined with the search and rescue team. I loved the dog characters and learning more about search and rescue training. I loved Kira and how she had trouble dealing with people. I loved her relationships with Free and Jude. They supported each other and understood each other. I loved the moments between Cady and Kira. Lots of great moments between them. I loved the action and the danger, but most of all, I loved Kira. I'd like to give her a hug - but I know she'd hate that.

Cover Thoughts: Intriguing. I love the way the clouds float inside the words.
Source: ARC
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your school and public libraries

No comments: