Thursday, May 9, 2019

Review: Accidental Beauty Queen

The Accidental Beauty Queen
Charlotte's excited to spend her vacation with her twin sister, who is attempting to win a beauty pageant crown their mother once won. It's the last year that Ginny will be eligible. Charlotte can't wait to read by the pool and visit the Harry Potter Park.

When Ginny has an allergic reaction the night before the pageant begins, she begins Charlotte to take her place in the preliminary rounds. They both know that Ginny's a shoo-in for the top twenty.

Against her better judgement and against her desire, Charlotte agrees knowing how much this crown means to her sister. But she's never been the pretty one and she's never walked a runway in stilettos. They have a lot of work to do. Can they pull this off?
My Thoughts: Of course I enjoyed this book - it's a feminist take on beauty pageants starring a Children's librarian who adores Harry Potter. This book was written for me. I loved the bookish moments and the books mentioned. I loved the romance - and how that started. I loved the sisterly moments. I loved how Charlotte gained confidence and looked at herself differently because of the pageant and because of the ladies competing with her. I enjoyed their friendships and their moments together from the small talk, to rooting for each other, to helping each other. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your romance collections.

1 comment:

Wanderlust Adventurist said...

This one sounds great! I'm surprised I haven't heard of it before. I also really love the cover. Thank you for sharing!
Krystianna @ Wanderlust Adventurist and Downright Dystopian