Monday, September 17, 2018

Romance Review: A Duke by Default

A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)
* Book 2 in the Reluctant Royals series *

Portia's hit rock bottom - she knows that she's got to pull herself together. So she creates a list of new rules - no drinking and no men. She also accepts an internship in Scotland. Of course her parents think it's just another scheme, but she's excited about the possibilities. Even after she meets her boss - the sexy grouchy sword maker who doesn't want her around. She's not about to let him stop new Portia from rocking her internship - especially when she discovers information that could change his life.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I loved how Portia started paying attention to herself and her needs - even as she got sucked into more drama. I liked how started to understand the chemistry of her brain and used tips to help her. I love how she empathized and supported people. I admired how she took over her internship - even when Tav was being a jerk. I like how he came around and realized he as being a jerk. I also loved his interaction with kids and how he supported the community and gave back. I loved learning about swords. I enjoyed watching Tav attempt to navigate through society and learn all the rules. A great slow burn romance that leaves me waiting for the next book!

Cover Thoughts: Adore it
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have for public library romance collections

No comments: