Monday, September 10, 2018

Cozy Review: Death on the Menu

Death on the Menu (Key West Food Critic #8)
* Book 8 in the Key West Food Critic Series *
Hayley Snow's mother just scored the most amazing catering job ever - a three day conference at the Harry Truman Little White House, trying to improve relations with Cuba. Hayley's stretched thin with helping out and writing articles for Key Zest magazine.

On the first day of the event, Hemmingway's medal is stolen from the house. Later that night, a worker turns up dead - murdered. His family begs Hayley to look into his death. She reluctantly agrees.

But the conference is only running for two more days and tensions are already high. Can Hayley help solve the case before it's too late?
My Thoughts: I'm so glad this series is back - it's such a fun one to read. I adored the special guest at the conference - that was fun to read. I liked learning more about the political tensions between the two countries,, Hemmingway, and the Little White House. Of course I enjoyed catching up with old friends like Lorenzo and Miss Gloria. And as usual, this book made me hungry. I really wanted to try to mojito cake! Another delicious installment.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: This series should be in your mystery section!

1 comment:

YA Sleuth said...

I'll be checking this one out! Sounds like a good series...