Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Learning

This week's topic is Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them. I love reading books that make me want to look things up or figure out long after I've put down the novel. 
meme from The Broke and the Bookish 


Learn more about Dreams
A Premonition of Murder by Mary Kennedy

Go back to learning Welsh. I'm 25% Welsh and when I was in high school, I started learning the language. I'd love to be fluent one day - but that's going to take a whole lot of time
Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas

Take a Sound of Music tour
Wanderlost by Jen Malone

Go on a bike tour:
Eleven Things I Promised by Catherine Clark

Get a camera and start taking photographs - I love taking photos on my phone, but it's just not the same.
Two Summers by Aimee Friedman

Take a baking class and learn how to make pastries and other goodies I haven't made before
Kitchen Chaos by Deborah A. Levine

How to make more candy items
The Candymakers by Wendy Mass

Much more about computers - coding/hacking
Zero Day by Jan Gangsei

How to bake an amazing pie - crusts are tricky
Honey by Sarah Weeks

How to paint - better. I dabble somewhat, but I'm not that good.
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

4 comments:

Jordan @ForeverLostinLiterature said...

A Court of Mist and Fury totally made me want to paint also! It was so impactful to Feyre, it made me want to have the same relationship with painting.

Giovanna said...

Wanderlost sounds like a great book! Adding it to my TBR!
My Top Ten Tuesday!

Monica said...

I went on a Sound of Music tour when I was in Austria, and it was amazing! Salzburg is gorgeous. Here's my TTT, if you'd like to check it out: http://newberyandbeyond.com/top-ten-things-books-made-want/

Arwen McGilvra said...

When I was a teen I got really into candy making for a year or two. I wonder if my parents still have the molds and stuff???

And a Sound of Music tour sounds awesome. I'd love to do that.

My TTT: http://books.thetechchef.net/top-ten-tuesday-9/