Saturday, November 8, 2014

Review: In Your Dreams

* Book 4 in the Blue Heron series *

Emmaline's ex is getting married to the woman he left her for - and she's invited. She can't turn down the invitation, but she doesn't want to show up alone either.

Jack Holland agrees to go with her, as a date.  He's sweet, charming, funny, handsome and the perfect date.  It's clear he's going through some trauma of his own - not to mention his ex-wife's back in town looking to rekindle their failed romance.

While Emmaline knows that the date is just for show, she knows that he's someone she could fall for if she's not careful. 
My Thoughts: I really love this series - reading each one is like visiting old friends. The town's charming, the characters are complex, and emotion and humor run through the novel. I love the after school group Emmaline leads for at risk teens - it tugged at my heartstrings. I felt horrible for Emmaline at the wedding and dealing with all the drama - but it was also hilarious at times (ta-ta ta-dahs anyone?) I love Sarge - he adds adorableness. I felt for Jack and his guilt over the accident.  He's such a nice guy - always there to lend a hand to anyone in town.  I'm glad that he found his happy ending, especially after learning about his previous marriage. A fantastic book. I'm a sucker for a Kristan Higgins book - this book felt like coming home.

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: Purchased

Fun Fact: Kristan was at RJ Julia's and my librarian BFF and I went to see her. Here we are together:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love her, and I'm listening to this book right now! That's so awesome that you got to meet her, I probably would have babbled like an idiot. lol.