Thursday, November 13, 2014

Holiday Thursday Review: Mr. Miracle



Harry Mills begins his time on Earth as a guardian angel. He's allowed to help only those students in his class. Harry think it's going to be a piece of cake. He's waited a long time for his chance and he's not about to screw it up, but he's not prepared for the all the human emotions.

Addie returns home for the holidays and for good. She doesn't want her mother spending the first Christmas with her father alone. She's shocked to hear that her mother and their next door neighbor are planning a cruise over the holidays.

In order for the two women to go on the cruise, Addie's forced to help her arch nemesis. A car crash landed him with two broken wrists and he's having a hard time getting around. On top of that, she's returned to school in hopes of finally being able to get her GED and moving on to something better in her life.

Can she help out an old friend without old feelings coming into play?
My Thoughts: I look forward to a new Debbie Macomber Christmas book each year. I love them. This one was really good, but not my favorite. I really liked Harry and how he kept making mistakes and having to fix them. I liked how he dealt with understanding emotions. I liked the fact that Addie count admit to her troubles and her pride, while also doing something about it. I loved the classroom and meeting the rest of the class. I would love reading more about those characters, especially Danny and Andrew. While I liked the romance, I wanted more: more details on how Erich broke her heart as kids, more on why she forgave him, and more on their future. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it
Source: my Library
Fun Fact: This book has been turned into a movie for this Christmas season.


No comments: