Saturday, November 22, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Killer Instinct

* Book 2 in the Naturals series
After the narrow escape Cassie had last time the group worked on an open case, security tightens around the Naturals. When a new murder occurs - the team can't believe that it's a perfect copy of Dean's father's crimes.

More than anything, the group wants to help Dean by catching the killer so life can return to normal. But lying, sneaking out, and putting themselves in danger doesn't seem to be helping - especially when every lead only goes cold.

Cassie hates watching Dean relive his past - even more than she hates him withdrawing from her. Can they figure out the  truth out getting themselves into too much trouble - or killed?
My Thoughts: I adore this series - it's intense and leaves me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't read this after dark - but I also couldn't put it down. I loved how the team came together to try to help Dean even though he tried shutting everyone out. I liked the moments between Cassie and Lia - and how they learned much more about each other. I admire the group's sense of loyalty even though they're not the best of friends.  My heart broke for Dean and how he had to talk with his father and relive the moments of his worst nightmares. I liked the addition of Sterling -she is touch, determined, fair, brave, and smart. I figured out the ending just before the final plot twist. A gruesome fantastic read that I highly recommend. I can't wait to see what happens to the group next in light of the new rules. 

Cover Thoughts: I love it -especially how it ties into the book
Source: My Library


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love this series and am looking forward to reading the second book. It's such an easy sell with the teens :)