Monday, October 18, 2010

Review: Prophecy of the Sisters

Lia and Alice are twins. Their father has just died - making them orphans. On the day she's to bury her father, Lia discovers a mark on her wrist.

She soon discovers she's one half of an ancient prophecy that could save or end the world. Lia discovers an ancient text in the library. upon translation, it reveals that one sister is the guardian and one sister is the gate. The devil's trying desperately to come back into the normal world and wreck havoc. There are four keys to the gates that must be used to protect the world.

At first, Lia believes that she is the guardian of the gates. As her world becomes more tangled and more dangerous, she realizes she's wrong. Due to the order of her birth, she's the gate. her life takes a wild turn. She's not sure what to do or who to trust.

She knows that she can't trust Alice - her twin, her sister, her enemy. Lia must uncover the rest of the prophecy and decode it's meaning if she hopes to stop her sister. Is it too late?

My Thoughts: I love the sister plot - even though these sisters are deadly enemies. I love the sense of danger and the other worlds. I like uncover the mystery and the secrets along with Lia. It's so haunting. I can't wait to see where the next book takes me.

The Cover: I like this cover and the first cover - with the two stone statues of girls. Although neither cover really symbolizes the book.

Source: my Library

Fun Fact: Michelle Zink is part of the Ghost and Graves Tour coming to Otis Library! Including fabulous door prizes along with Ghost and Grave cookies. I can't wait to meet her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished this book too (and my review is going up today). I really liked the sisters dynamic and couldn't believe what Alice did!

I didn't like that is didn't feel like a complete story though. That said, can't wait to read the next one!

Jessica said...

I loved this book and am starting the second one ASAP so that I can be prepared to meet Michelle on Monday!! *squee!