Thursday, October 28, 2010

Review: Elixir

Clea lives in the spotlight - thanks to her two famous parents. Now, her father's been missing for a year. She'll do anything she can to uncover clues to his whereabouts as she refuses to think he's dead.

Clea returns from a European vacation with her BFF Rayna. While she's looking over the pictures she took, she spots something strange. There's a man standing in almost all of her pictures even though they toured different countries.

Clea's sure he's not someone trailing her for protection. She can't explain his presence. She begins have dreams about him, sometimes romantic and sometimes nightmares.

Clea's a photojournalist under a pen name. She receives an assignment to travel to the last known location of her father. She jumps at the chance. There on the beach, she spies the man from her pictures. She bolts after him.

When she does meet him, she discovers a dangerous world - a world of a repetitive cycle that has in the past lead to her death. Can she fight fate and change the cycle?


My Thoughts: The start of a new series by Hilary Duff. I've heard a lot about this book - some good, some bad. I'm interested to see if my teens will be reading it. I liked the past lives and the fight to change the future. I find Rayna refreshing. I had a hard time liking the boys at the end of the book - though I loved Ben until the climax. I'm curious as to what will happen next.

The Cover: I like it, it reminds me for Forget-Her-Nots

Source: My Library

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let us know what your teens think of the book. I'm curious if they pick it up b/c of Hilary Duff or if they think it's a great book.

Jessica said...

I'm still very curious about this one. I ordered it b/c Hilary Duff is the author and I think our teens will be curious enough to pick it up...I can't wait to see their reactions.

Colene Murphy said...

I'm interested to read this one. Haven't heard a lot about it, but Hilary Duff is one of my fav actresses from my younger days, so I feel a sort of loyalty to her just b/c of that ha!