Thursday, November 9, 2023

NaNoWriMo: 2023 edition

 


It's that time of year again, and for the first time in several years, I'm starting a new novel.

I've spent the last few years trying to revise and submit. But I've come to the conclusion that it was not the right time for that book.

And I've had this book idea kicking around in the back of my head for a few years. It's very different for me.

It's a cross between:

and 


I like to shoot for 2,000 words a day. And it's easier for me to write in the morning before work.

Most days I've been getting my word count in, but not everyday. But I did make up the words. As of yesterday, I'm at 16,000 words. 

It's going well - I know there are places that need lots of fixing. I know that I need to add lots of descriptions of the hikes. Which I can do now that I have research books from the library. 

Wish me luck for the rest of the month! 

No comments: