Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Taylor and Book Quotes

This week's topic is about book quotes. I used to keep track of great lines I've read, but I no longer do. I wish I did at times. Anyways, one of these things I love about Taylor Swift's songs is how they all seem like mini stories. But she also does reference books, reading, and pages. Which of course I appreciate. Ok, so there was no reference in cardigan to librarians, but check out the rest of these.

Photo Credit: Beth Garrabrant
This looks like a great reading place.

Folklore:  Invisible String
Green was the color of the grass
Where I used to read at Centennial Park

Speak Now: Story of Us
I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us
(there are so many in this song).

Speak Now: Long Live:
You held your head like a hero
On a history book page

Speak Now: Enchanted
This is me praying that this was the very first page
Not where the story line ends

Fearless: You Belong with Me
And she'll never know your story like I do

Lover: Paper Rings
Now I've read all of the books beside your bed

Lover: Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince
American stories burning before me

Also, here's an article from Book Riot about her songs' literary references

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Yes, Taylor Swift does a great job at that for sure.

My post .

iloveheartlandX said...

Yes, so many great lines Taylor has written relate to books and stories!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/09/29/top-ten-tuesday-283/

Poinsettia said...

Interesting take on this week's topic. I've not really listened to much of Taylor Swift's music. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.