Thursday, September 24, 2020

Adult Review: The Worst Best Man

The Worst Best Man
Lina's own wedding day didn't go as planned when her fiancé's brother (Max) told her, the groom wasn't going to attend the wedding. Now Lina makes sure other people weddings go off without a hitch. When one of the weddings she manages catches the eye of a powerful woman in need of a wedding/event planner for her hotel, Lina has the opportunity of a lifetime.

Until she walks into the conference room and sees her ex-fiancé and his brother as the marketing team. Of course she does what any woman would do and pretends to have just met them. She's not interested in walking down memory lane.

But she will have to work closely with Max. Can she put aside her feelings and be a professional without trying to kill him - or kiss him?
My Thoughts: I really loved this book. It was funny and sweet. It would make the perfect Hallmark or Netflix movie. I loved Lina and her family. I loved the banter between Lina and Max - and how they played a few pranks on each other before talking out their issues from the past. I like how they broke down the walls between them. I enjoyed them working together and seeing them bounce ideas off each other. A lot of great moments - I loved the couples therapy weekend. I loved how Lina stood up for herself when talking about her emotions and how as a woman of color, she wasn't allowed to be angry or emotional. And of course that changes a person. This would make a great Hallmark or Netflix movie. A fantastic enemies to lovers story. 

Cover Thoughts: Awesome
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A must have for your public library's romance collection.

No comments: