Monday, May 4, 2020

Review: Donut Go Breaking My Heart

Donut Go Breaking My Heart (Wish, #5)
Sheyda has never craved the spotlight. She's happier being in the background. She loves working behind the stage, designing sets. She loves decorating the donuts, not waiting on the customers.

One day she waits on a customer, accidentally dropping donuts on him. The powered sugar goes all over him. She can't tell if Cabe's more annoyed that she spilled sugar all over him or that she didn't recognize him.

He's the tween heartthrob of the movie scene. Cabe and his team are checking out her best friend's family's donut shop for a possible location for his latest movie.

Her best friend is over the moon at the possibility. Maybe Kira will get a role in the movie. But instead, it's Sheyda who catches the eye of the casting people. Maybe being in the spotlight isn't so bad after all...
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I loved how Sheyda didn't share her emotions and thoughts much in the beginning of the book, but how as her confidence grew, she began to find her voice. I loved the moments in the donut shop - they definitely made me crave donuts! I loved how Sheyda was interested in set design. I felt bad for her with all the friendship and family drama. But I loved her talks with Cabe. Another fun book in this series (which isn't a series about characters, but a series about food.)

Cover Thoughts: Delicious
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Recommended for your school and public libraries - each book I've read in this series is super cute! 

No comments: