Monday, May 18, 2020

Graphic Novel Review: Go with the Flow


Go with the Flow

Three best friends take the new girl under her wing when she has a period mishap. When they discover there aren't any period supplies in the bathroom, they become irritated. Then they demand change.

My Thoughts: I loved this graphic novel for so many reasons. I loved that the author didn't shy away from period issues, she talked openly about the different kids of periods, the cramps, the terrible feeling, and how no one wants to know anything about periods. It's a great feminist graphic novel about bodies, friendship, and all that drama that comes with being in high school. I loved blogs, letters, protests as the girls tried to take on the high school administration. And the art work was amazing too.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have for schools and public libraries. 

No comments: