Thursday, May 14, 2020

Back Page Review: Spoiled

This post was inspired from Andi from Andi's ABCs. She wanted to read books that had been sitting on her self for quite some time. And it pushed me to read a book on my shelf that I had been wanting to read for ages. As a book hoarder, I won't tell you the number of unread books I have around the house, but the number is HIGH!

Spoiled (Spoiled, #1)

Spoiled is the first book in a duology. It's written by the writers of the FUG Blog.

Sixteen year old Molly has just discovered that her father's one of the biggest starts in Hollywood. Her mother shared the truth of her parentage on her death bed. Now Molly's uprooting her whole life to move from Indiana to Hollywood, leaving behind her best friend, her boyfriend, and all the grief of her mother's death. She hopes to make a fresh start.

What she doesn't count on is her new half-sister. At first Brooke is sweet as pie, but little does Molly know there's something dangerous underneath all that honey. Brooke isn't happy sharing her father's attention. She's not interested in having a half sister. But her plan backfires when their father makes them spend all their time together - sharing a room, sharing a car, and working on the school play together.

Can the two girls learn to become friends?

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book, but I did have an issue with the fighting between the girls. They made some terrible choices and said terrible things. Also I've become more sensitive to characters trying to hurt others on purpose. But that's just me. I loved how their relationship developed. I loved the Hollywood side of the story. I loved Max and Teddy. I can't wait to read the sequel.

Have you read this book? What did you think?

No comments: