Thursday, February 13, 2020

Review: I Only Have Pies For You

I Only Have Pies for You (Wish #7)
Darcy's family bakes amazing pies - except for her. She can't bake a pie to save her life. But she tries. Maybe it has to be with the curse. Her great-grandmother made the best Heartstring Pie - but she hide the family recipes and no one's been able to find it. Anyone that tries ends up with a disaster on their hands.

Darcy's family pie shop is going through a rough patch - just like the town. Businesses are struggling to survive.

But when local celebrity TV host brings her show to town, things start looking up. They spruce up the down, giving it a much needed makeover. More than anything the TV host needs stellar ratings. What could be better than finding a long lost pie recipe?

Soon Darcy's competing with the TV host to find her family recipes. She's determined to find it first so she can save her family pie shop.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - and of course it made my mouth water with all that talk about pies. I loved the baking parts - especially learning more about Darcy's Great-Grandmother. I loved the moments in the bakery - with everyone chatting about life. I liked that Darcy had a temper and it often got the better of her. I loved the horses. I enjoyed the scavenger hunt and how Darcy and her friends tried to uncover the recipe. I liked the her moments with her one time rival then turned friend then turned love interest. A really fun read.


Cover Thoughts: Perfect and adorable
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your tween collection - for both schools and public libraries.

No comments: