Friday, November 29, 2019

Review: Well Met

Well Met (Well Met, #1)
Emily didn't know what she was getting into when she escaped form her own life to help her sister heal from her injury. She never imagines her summer would include participating in the local Renaissance Faire. But when her niece needs a parent volunteer, she's happy to help out.

Although she didn't imagine that she'd be trading barbs with a pirate who runs the faire and refused to listen to her ideas on how to make it better. She also didn't imagine she's being bound to him for the summer in a fake wedding ceremony.

She also never imagined kissing him would make her so happy - even if it is only fake kissing. Could this town grow on her and make her want to put down roots?
My Thoughts: I really loved this book. I loved the banter between Simon and Emily - both in character and in real life. Of course I loved the tension between Emily and Simon - and those kisses!I loved learning more about a Renaissance Faire, especially about the behind the scenes. I loved how Emily struggled to find her way after life hit her hard, but also how she found herself a home and her self worth. This is one heck of a debut novel and I can't wait to read what Jen writes next. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your public library's romance section! Highly Recommended. 

No comments: