Friday, February 1, 2019

Review: Friday Night Stage Lights


Friday Night Stage Lights

Brooklyn lives for ballet. Even though her life's changed so much in the past few months, she's hopeful for a spot at Texas School of Arts. She and mother moved when her mother remarried. Now they live in Texas - smack in the middle of football country. She doesn't understand the fascination with football.

But when her dance partner injures himself, she must find a substitute partner - and quickly. She turns to an unlikely source - a football player. Logan makes her a deal, he's willing to learn the steps, but he asks for a favor in return. He wants Brooklyn to learn to appreciate football.

She knows it's never going to happen, but it doesn't hurt to try if it means making her dreams come true.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - I loved learning about dance. I loved the football moments. I loved how both the football jocks and Brooklyn came to appreciate each other's favorite sport. I liked the family moments, especially those between Brooklyn and Tanner. I loved the support from Brooklyn's friends and how they had her back in the Big Moment. And I loved that ending! 

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your school and public libraries.

No comments: