Thursday, February 21, 2019

Romance Review: As Good as the First Time


As Good as the First Time (Sugar Lake, #1)
* First Book in the Sugar Lake series * 
When Olivia gets the wind knocked out of her after she loses both her job and her boyfriend in the same day, she's more than happy to help out her aunt. She and her sister travel back to the place that once upon the time stole her heart. 

She grew up in Sugar Lake with her extended family, the bakery, and the boy next door. She discovers upon her return that not much has changed. The small town has changed but the bakery is still the same. Drea (Olivia's sister) has plans for improvement. Together both sisters help their aunt while gaining insight into their troubled relationship. Olivia works on figuring out her future while making peace with her past. Could her past be the key to her future?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. My mouth watered almost the entire time I was reading and I had a desperate urge to bake something. I enjoyed the second chance love story. I loved how Olivia had to go home and face her past in order to move forward with her future. I love how the sisters ended up, but it was hard reading them fight with each other in the beginning. I'm so looking forward to reading more about this small town and this family.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A mouth-watering read that's perfect for your romance collection



No comments: