Friday, August 3, 2018

Review: Listen to Your Heart

Listen to Your Heart
As far as Kate is concerned, there are two types of people in this world: lake people and everyone else. She loves spending time on the lake and letting the wind rush through her hair when out on the boat. She's not crazy about the rest of the world.

When her best friend talks her into taking a podcasting class, she figures she'll be behind the scenes. Instead, she's thrust into the job of co-hosting the show. And she couldn't be more annoyed.

The first episode doesn't go well - but then she starts to relax and create a different persona. It doesn't hurt that there's a boy calling him for love advice. And it might be someone Kate recognizes...

If only he was talking about her, but she's pretty sure he's talking about her best friend
My Thoughts: I adored this book. I loved the idea of the podcast class - and I liked reading more about the behind the scenes of the production. I thought Kate and her co-host were entertaining. I liked the friendship between the two girls. I normally don't like books about best friends liking the same guy, but this one really worked for me. I loved Diego. I even liked Frank. I loved Kate's large and noisy family and how they got together for cousin night - that sounds charming. More than anything I wanted to be reading this book while at the late or a even poolside - sadly that did not happen. A fun flirty read that I gobbled right up!

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: my Library
Library Recommendations: Perfect for school and public libraries.

No comments: