Thursday, December 8, 2016

Christmas Book Review: Trouble with Mistletoe


* Heartbreak Bay Book 2 * 
One morning before Christmas, a man knocks on Willa's shop. He needs a cat sitter ASAP. Willa can't believe her eyes - it's the boy who stood her up in high school and broke her heart. He doesn't even remember her. But she can't say no to an animal in need, so she lets him in.

The more time she spends with him (and his cat), the more she wants to open her heart up to him. But is it worth risking her heart a second time?

Keane doesn't put down roots. He has changed since high school. Is he finally ready for an adult relationship complete with commitment?
My Thoughts: I adored this book (just like all her other books). I love that Willa works with pets, that she has such a Big Heart, and that she helps other girls who didn't have the best home life. I love how she gives these girls hope for their future and concrete things for their present needs. I loved the animals in the story, they added humor to the book. I loved the Christmas decor and how Willa went all out for Christmas.

I love how even though Keane broke her heart, she's willing to give him another chance. I love their banter together. I liked Keane's explanation of his high school days and why he was such an idiot. I love Willa's friends and how protective they are of her - they're a fun bunch and I can't wait to read more about them.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Jill Shalvis books should be in every romance section in public libraries. 

No comments: