Thursday, July 16, 2015

Upcoming Review: Court of Fives

Jes wants the freedom not allowed to her. She wants to race in the Fives. She trains in secrets and plans to run in the next games.

But the day she's set to run, her father unexpectedly returns.  Everything changes now that he's home. Jes can't sit on the sidelines or she'll forfeit her enrty fee.

She runs in secret, winning the race in everything but name. She pulls up at the last moment so she doesn't have to reveal her identity.

That night, her father's patron dies. Her world come crashing down. Her family's torn apart for her dream for training for the Fives comes true. Dreams have a way of disappointing you though.
My Thoughts: I've heard that Kate Elliot's adult fantasy novels were really good, so I was really looking forward to this book and it did not disappoint.

I liked Jes, how she ran and trained in secret. I hate how her family was torn apart by society's rules. My heart broke for what her family had to endure. 

I hate how Kal can't be free to train either. His birthright also brings upon him a social status that doesn't allow for training of the Fives. 

I like how Jes and Kal's relationship grows.

I loved the training montages and learning more about the games. The games were cleverly made and exciting to read. I love how Jes could puzzle her way though the elements, finding the fastest way possible.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Cover Thoughts: I love the interlocking circle
Source: ARC for review
Release Date: August 18
Final Thoughts: If you're hooked on American Ninja Warrior, this is the book for you. Games, training, revenge, loyalty, duty, and possible death - this book has all the drama that keeps you turning the pages quickly. 

No comments: