Thursday, July 9, 2015

Upcoming Adult Review: If You Only Knew

Rachel sees a sext sent to her husband. When she asks if he's having an affair, he denies it. She takes him at his word, but lately, she's wondering if her marriage is stale. How did she get into the rut being a stay a home mom?

Jenny's marriage fell apart in flames, but she's still friends with her ex-husband and his new wife.  She moves to the suburbs and opens her own bridal shop. Jenny moves into a house with a grumpy landlord, who just might be the one thing she needs right now.

Two sisters couldn't be more different, but they're there for each other when the going gets tough.
My Thoughts: I really loved this book - it's a little bit different from the author's other books. It's a women's fiction instead of romance. It had to the same humor, the same strong family bonds, and the same lovable flawed main characters who go through hell.

I loved Jenny - and her attempting to play nice with her ex-husband and his new family even though she was torn up inside. I loved learning more about her dress shop and how she dealt with her brides and their families. I liked her conversations with Leo - how she was more handy than him. I liked her interactions with Evander - he stole my heart. I want him to succeed so badly. 

I loved Rachel and her triplets. The triplets stole my heart - they were charming  entertaining, and sweet. 

I felt badly for their mother, who didn't have an easy life but who stung her daughters frequently. I hated that Jenny had to keep such a big secret to herself for all those years. 

While the men in the book moved the story, I felt that the heart of the novel happened between the two sisters.

Cover Thoughts: I like it, but it doesn't really tell much about the story
Source: Signed ARC at BEA!
Release Date: This book comes out August 25th

Final Thoughts: I devoured this book, loving the sisters' story. They've both brave independent women who find themselves. Right up my alley. Don't miss this one, add it to your TBR list now!

No comments: